Made possible in partnership with
The Fischer Theatre
and the generous support of
The John P. Cadle Foundation
July 23 & 24, 2021, 7:00pm
July 25, 2:00pm
Directed by Bailey Thompson
Music Directed by Karrin Estes
limited seating – reservations recommended
Music and Lyrics by Kristen Anderson-Lopez & Robert Lopez
Book by Jennifer Lee
Based on the Disney film written by Jennifer Lee and directed by Chris Buck and Jennifer Lee
A story of true love and acceptance between sisters, Frozen JR. expands upon the emotional relationship and journey between Princesses Anna and Elsa. When faced with danger, the two discover their hidden potential and the powerful bond of sisterhood.
Frozen JR. is based on the 2018 Broadway musical, and brings Elsa, Anna, and the magical land of Arendelle to life onstage. The show features all of the memorable songs from the animated film, plus five new songs written for the Broadway production.
Disney’s Frozen Jr. is presented through special arrangement with Music Theatre International (MTI). All authorized performance materials are also supplied by MTI. www.MTIshows.com
- Who: Kids age 8-13 – no theater experience required. Please see character descriptions below.
- Saturday, May 22nd 12:00-3:00 pm
- Sunday, May 23rd 12:00-3:00 pm
- Callbacks on Monday, May 24th 6:00-9:00 pm (if needed)
- Where: Center Stage Rehearsal Hall at Village Mall in Danville
- Prepare:Please fill out our online audition form here: https://forms.gle/DeCpJXHuK1d5pFgm6And sign up for your audition time slot here:Come prepared with a song that highlights your talents (does not have to be from this show), a mask, and your best performance!
- What to Expect:
- You will sing only about 60-90 seconds of your prepared song. Mark your sheet music ahead of time so that you can show it to the accompanist quickly. We may cut you off early. If we do, we promise it’s not because we don’t like you. We’re just moving things along quickly so that we can get to everyone.
- You may be asked to sing scales so we can assess your range.
- You will audition individually with your song and scales.
- You will read scenes from the script, either alone or with other auditionees.
- Depending on the role you are trying out for, you may have a dance audition (usually in groups). Make sure you bring/wear comfortable shoes for your dance audition.
- Attendance at rehearsals is mandatory. Come to auditions with a list of any conflicts between now and July 25. Put all this information on your audition form.
- Most of all, enjoy yourself and let your personality shine through. This is about fun and community!
Young Anna, Middle Anna, and Anna are all the young Princess of Arendelle at different ages. Filled with a tremendous amount of light, energy, and love, Anna is a hopelessly optimistic extrovert at all ages, but as she grows older, she longs for connection with others, especially her sister, Elsa. Each version of this warm and determined princess requires a strong singer with great comic timing.
- Young Anna Vocal range: A3-D5
- Middle Anna Vocal range: A3-B4
- Anna Vocal range: G3-D5
Young Elsa, Middle Elsa, and Elsa are all the elder Princess of Arendelle at different ages. Next in line for the throne, Elsa has been born with magical powers that can overwhelm her when she becomes afraid and harm others if not handled with care. Fearful of hurting anyone, especially her beloved sister, Anna, Elsa becomes anxious and withdrawn as she grows older, before eventually learning to take control of, and become confident in, her powers which she masterfully uses to manipulate the Snow Chorus.
- Young Elsa Vocal range: A3-C#5
- Middle Elsa Vocal range: A3-F#4
- Elsa Vocal range: F#3-D5
- King Agnarr
The warm-hearted ruler of Arendelle is committed to protecting both his family and the Townspeople from his eldest daughter’s powers. Must be able to play this father figure convincingly.
- Queen Iduna
The queen possesses a sense of rightness and kindness that guides her in her protection of her two young girls. A daughter of the Northern Nomads, this queen has the ability to communicate with the Hidden Folk of the mountains and so understands Elsa’s powers deeply.
Pabbie and Bulda are the mystical leaders of the Hidden Folk who have a soft spot for “strays.” Ever-benevolent, these parental figures want what’s best for Kristoff, even if they are a bit misguided in their efforts. They sing the crowd- pleaser, “Fixer Upper.”
The bishop officiates the coronation and passing of the crown to Elsa. This spiritual supervisor must communicate to the Townspeople of Arendelle in a serious and formal manner.
Kristoff is a hardworking ice harvester. Kristoff has a sarcastic veneer and a rough-around-the-edges exterior that hides a big heart. Taken in by the Hidden Folk when he was young, he loves Pabbie and Bulda dearly, but is a bit of a loner with a reindeer for a best friend- until he meets Anna.
Vocal range: G2-A3
Sven is a reindeer of few words, fiercely loyal pal to Kristoff, and loves giving the ice harvester a hard time. Must have good comic timing and terrific physical acting skills.
Vocal range: A3-A4
The ambitious Prince of the Southern Isles and overlooked thirteenth son of a king. Hans constantly strives to find a way to make good and stand out. He boasts an exceedingly charming façade that fools everyone – including Anna and, ideally, the audience! – into believing he’s Prince Charming, when really, he’s just a jerk.
Vocal range top: G2-B3
A visiting duke who possesses a huge inferiority complex. A bombastic, overbearing sycophant, Weselton’s sole purpose is to hobnob with influencers and royalty.
The magical snowman created by Anna and Elsa when they were young. Olaf is endearingly delighted by everything – especially the idea of summer. Goofy and sweet, Olaf should possess a childlike innocence and excellent comic timing.
Vocal range: F#2-D4
An exceedingly cheerful and convivial wandering salesperson and ardent devotee to all things cozy and comfortable. Oaken’s “Hygge” is a showstopper.
- Ensemble: Townspeople, Snow Chorus, Hidden Folk, Castle Staff, Housekeeper, Butler, Handmaiden, Cook, Steward, Guards, Summer Chorus, Oaken’s Family